"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

FEATURING THE AWESOME ADDISON MOORE!

I am thrilled to feature the very cool Addison Moore on my blog today. Addison is a personal friend and a great author you guys should totally check out. Her first book, ETHEREAL, blew to the top of the charts, and the second book in the trilogy, TREMBLE, is doing the same.


Addison agreed to stop by and answer a few questions for me today, so without further delay, here you go!


*****

PJH: Please tell us about your publishing path. How did Ethereal and Tremble come to be?

AM: A few years back I wrote a story called Ethereal about a girl who almost dies and sees her guardian angel and it went nowhere. I also wrote a story about a bunch of teenagers that lived on a fictional island and it was deemed too young for regular young adult. Since I liked elements about both stories, I thought why not combine the two? Thus the Celestra series was born.


PJH: What has been the funnest thing about having your books out?

AM: It’s been so insane I can’t even put it into words. About three weeks into the first book being out I began getting Twitter DM’s, facebook messages, emails from readers who really liked the book. Just knowing that I was able to connect with someone with my story felt awesome. I get messages from readers almost every day. I really love hearing from people so keep it coming!


PJH: How about the most challenging? Or has it all been sunshine and lollipops?

AM: The toughest part by far is wading through not so nice reviews. I have to keep reminding myself that people write reviews for other readers to evaluate and not to hurt the authors feelings.


PJH: What's the funnest part of marketing for you? Least fun?

AM: I love people, so connecting on social networks, especially my blog and facebook has been a blast! Least fun? Gosh, I really can’t pinpoint anything I don’t like about marketing.


PJH: If you had to give five reasons why someone should read your book(s), what would they be?

AM: Five whole reasons??? Ack! OK…*deep breath*
  1. It’s fun.
  2. It helps the reader escape reality.
  3. It’s light and slightly scary.
  4. Hawt angels are involved.
  5. Did I mention the hawt angels?

Look for book 3 in the Celestra series coming this summer!


AM: Thanks so much PJ for hosting me! We’ve been friends for a while now and it is an honor for me to be on your blog.

PJH: Seriously, the pleasure is all mine! I am so excited for you!

*****

Bio:
Addison Moore is a USC graduate who enjoys writing young adult paranormal romance. Ethereal, and Tremble are her first and second published novels in the Celestra series. She lives with her family and two dogs on the west coast.

7 comments:

Erica Vetsch said...

So great to get a peek into Addison Moore's journey. :)

Laura Pauling said...

I read Ethereal and really liked it! Great plot twists. And I'm reading Book 2 this week! Love seeing authors find success with e-books!

Addison Moore said...

Thanks so much PJ for having me! The interview was a blast.

Erica - I'm thrilled to give you a peek!

Laura - I hope you enjoy Tremble. I had so much fun writing it. =)

PJ Hoover said...

It is so encouraging, isn't it! I love this interview!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Great interview. Addison's idea to combine two story lines is a great one I never considered. Thanks.

Good luck with your books Addison. They sound great.

E.J. Wesley said...

Dirty reviewers! I like Addison's attitude! Opinions are like armpits ... people got 'em.

Great interview, and I'll be sure to add A's books to my TBR list just for the 'fun' of it. :-)

EJ

PJ Hoover said...

Natalie, I agree. Combining the two story lines is such a fun idea,

LOL, E.J. Armpits. They are a perfect descriptor, aren't they.