"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Friday Wrap Up!

Happy Friday!

First, I need to mention the Writer's League of Texas Annual Agents Conference which is just over a week away here in Austin, Texas. It's two days chock-full of agents and editors and author and people all working toward the same goal you are: amazing books!

My agent, Laura Rennert of the Andrea Brown Literary Agency, will be on the faculty, as will so many others. For a full list of all the details, check out the Writer's League of Texas website.

And, there is a 20% off coupon you can use here if you register before end of day Sunday!


*****

Next, have to share a little SOLSTICE love because I got some amazing reviews this week that really made me smile!

First, Amaterasu Reads says: "I loved every single moment I've spent as the plot unravels right before my eyes, piece by piece, one secret at a time. SOLSTICE is a page turner, a story that you just can't put down, can't stop reading until you reach the end."

Read the whole review here.


Next, Leah (aka Mary_not_Martha) says: "P.J. Hoover has written a thrilling, twisting-turning story about Greek gods living in the near future... Your summer reading list is begging you to put the cherry on top!"

But what I love the most about what Leah says is this: "I read this on my phone! This was my first experience reading an e-book through and I read it everywhere - at baseball practice, at work during lunch, and even after work at 1:30AM... I can't believe I got this much entertainment out of a $2.99 download that took me only seconds to purchase."

Read the whole review here.

****

Two books I plan to review next week are:

THE FOX INHERITANCE by Mary Pearson (Henry Holt, August 30, 2011)

JULIET IMMORTAL by Stacey Jay (Delacorte, August 9, 2011)



*****

And finally, I love this picture of my agent, Laura Rennert (on right), and her publishing manager, Lara Perkins (on left), showing off SOLSTICE on their iPads! Now I really need an iPad. Look how pretty it looks!



Hope your weekend is great!

5 comments:

Miriam Forster said...

That is a pretty awesome picture. :) And yay for good reviews!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats on the great reviews.

I so wish I lived in Texas so I could go to the conference. But I don't think I'd love your heat.

PJ Hoover said...

Good reviews make me all happy inside :) Thanks, Miriam and Natalie!

Natalie, I've determined this summer that I just need to embrace the heat and soak it in. I'll let you know how that goes.

lormandela said...

Hi PJ! What an awesome blog! I'm glad I found you via YA Sisterhood on FB. I've left you a little something on my blog as well! Hope you enjoy it! Here's the link: http://www.lormandela.blogspot.com. I'm really looking forward to reading more!!

PJ Hoover said...

Hi Lor! Thank you so much! I am beyond flattered. I went over to visit and left you a comment, too.
Thank you!