"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Monday, July 04, 2011

A BLAST FOR MEGG JENSEN AND ANATHEMA!

I'm so happy to feature today someone I've just met recently and am thankful to consider my friend. Megg Jensen is a fabulous author and has written some books I highly recommend you check out. And I have to laugh as what totally started my friendship with Megg was something in her Facebook profile. Think you can figure out what it was? (I'm pasting below)
Anyway, enough on the Star Trek nerdom that I revel in...Megg is the author of the CLOUD PROPHET TRILOGY of which the first two books are out (third book comes out this fall!).

ANATHEMA by Megg Jensen (February 4, 2011)
OUBLIETTE by Megg Jensen (June 2011)



ANATHEMA has a fantastic first chapter that really hooks the reader into the world, and the rest of the story easily keeps you there. I read ANATHEMA in two days only putting down the Nook when the kids demanded my attention (yes, you know how kids are). OUBLIETTE is next on my list, and I can't wait to find out what happens to Reychel and her world. For me, what really set ANATHEMA apart was the fact that it is not a standard paranormal. Instead, it had more the feel of a high fantasy, but with a fresh, more modern taste to it.

And check out the book trailers!






From Amazon (for ANATHEMA):

Forget prophecy. Make your own destiny.

Sheltered from the outside world with no hope for escape, slave girl Reychel dreads her fifteenth birthday - when her master’s symbol is burned on the back of her bald scalp. Her best friend disappears the night before, leaving her to face the branding ceremony alone. She soon discovers nothing is as it seems when people desperate for freedom beg for Reychel's help.

Can Reychel learn to believe in herself?

2 comments:

Laura Pauling said...

I'm in the middle of Anathema - really good so far! Lots of mystery. :)

PJ Hoover said...

Yes, it's great, isn't it, Laura! Thanks for visiting!