"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Sunday, July 31, 2011

LOLA AND THE BOY NEXT DOOR by Stephanie Perkins

I was excited about this book from the second I heard the title. Sure, I loved ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS as much as the next person, and sure, I knew this book would be fantastic. But the thing is, this book held a special place in my heart because (in case you don't know), my daughter is Lola :)

LOLA AND THE BOY NEXT DOOR by Stephanie Perkins (Dutton, September 29, 2011)


Fans of ANNA will not be disappointed. In fact, I'd go as far as saying I enjoyed LOLA even more than ANNA. It's not going to be a mystery to anyone that, yes, Lola and the boy next door will end up together. But Stephanie Perkins does such a fun job of bringing them close, pulling them apart, bringing them closer, pulling them farther apart, and then...bringing them together forever.

My favorite part of the entire book is the costuming. I adore how Lola dresses up however the heck she wants (maybe because it reminds me so much of my own Lola).

So if you've been looking forward to LOLA AND THE BOY NEXT DOOR, you're going to love it! Highly recommended for seventh grade and up.

From Amazon:

In this companion novel to Anna and the French Kiss, two teens discover that true love may be closer than they think

For budding costume designer Lola Nolan, the more outrageous, the outfit - more sparkly, more fun, more wild - the better. But even though Lola's style is outrageous, she's a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins move back into the house next door.

When the family returns and Cricket - a gifted inventor and engineer - steps out from his twin sister's shadow and back into Lola's life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.


Source of book: From publisher by request

3 comments:

Laura Pauling said...

I loved Anna and look forward to Lola too! What a great review!

storyqueen said...

I am reeeeeeeeaaalllly looking forward to this book!!

Shelley

A Backwards Story said...

Everyone is saying it's even better than Anna. I can't WAIT to read this! *drools on your shoulder*