I featured Mari Mancusi's book RAZOR GIRL last Friday in the Indie Carnival as a book I can't wait to read. For those of you who don't know Mari, she's an Austin author, a member of my writing group at THE PLACE, and an excellent writer! Her BLOOD COVEN books are published by Penguin, and the latest one BLOOD TIES (either number 7 or 8, I lost count!) just came out earlier this month!
Anyway, a book of Mari's I recently read and loved is
KARMA KITTY GOES TO COMIC CON by Mari Mancusi
I adored Karma Kitty because:
1) It's an adult book, not a kid's book, and it's nice to vary my reading a bit from time to time.
2) Comic Con. Seriously. This alone is a selling point for me.
3) The main character gets super powers from a kick-butt pair of boots.
4) It's fun. It doesn't try to take itself too seriously.
5) It's a fast read and full of action.
6) It's only 99 cents!
So if you're a fan of ereading, this one is totally worth checking out.
Source of book: Purchased myself
Comic book creator Hailey Hills has no idea what she's in for when she arrives at New York City's Comic Con for the first time. But when a pair of magical boots manages to turn her into a real life Karma Kitty--the superhero of her own creation--Hailey suddenly finds herself battling ninjas, pirates and a past love she's tried desperately to leave behind.
This novella was originally published in paperback as part of the "These Boots Were Made for Stomping" anthology.