"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Monday, August 08, 2011

KARMA KITTY GOES TO COMIC CON by Mari Mancusi

I featured Mari Mancusi's book RAZOR GIRL last Friday in the Indie Carnival as a book I can't wait to read. For those of you who don't know Mari, she's an Austin author, a member of my writing group at THE PLACE, and an excellent writer! Her BLOOD COVEN books are published by Penguin, and the latest one BLOOD TIES (either number 7 or 8, I lost count!) just came out earlier this month!

Anyway, a book of Mari's I recently read and loved is

KARMA KITTY GOES TO COMIC CON by Mari Mancusi


I adored Karma Kitty because:

1) It's an adult book, not a kid's book, and it's nice to vary my reading a bit from time to time.
2) Comic Con. Seriously. This alone is a selling point for me.
3) The main character gets super powers from a kick-butt pair of boots.
4) It's fun. It doesn't try to take itself too seriously.
5) It's a fast read and full of action.
6) It's only 99 cents!

So if you're a fan of ereading, this one is totally worth checking out.

Source of book: Purchased myself

From Amazon:

Comic book creator Hailey Hills has no idea what she's in for when she arrives at New York City's Comic Con for the first time. But when a pair of magical boots manages to turn her into a real life Karma Kitty--the superhero of her own creation--Hailey suddenly finds herself battling ninjas, pirates and a past love she's tried desperately to leave behind.

This novella was originally published in paperback as part of the "These Boots Were Made for Stomping" anthology.



5 comments:

Miriam Forster said...

This book sounds like so much fun! And I would totally love a pair of kick-ass superpower boots. :)

Christina Farley said...

Sounds like a great book! I watched some of Comic Com on TV. It looked amazing.

PJ Hoover said...

I really adore Karma Kitty, you guys. And yes, I want a pair of kick-ass boots, too!

A Backwards Story said...

It does sound interesting...though it's REALLY weird to look at because of THE LIAR SOCIETY by Lisa and Laura Roecker and all they went through with the pink hair!!!

PJ Hoover said...

I know! It's that funny, Bonnie. The beauty of stock photography.