"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Sunday, August 14, 2011

LAREDO, TEXAS First Annual Book Festival

I had a blast this past Friday and Saturday at the Laredo, Texas first annual book festival. I traveled from Austin and hung out with 27 other authors and illustrators, presented on panels to Laredo librarians on Friday, and again to the Laredo public on Saturday.

The mayor was there for the ribbon cutting on Saturday morning. I think this is the first ribbon cutting ceremony I've been a part of.




And look! I made the Laredo news. Don't my books look so pretty :)



In addition to the above news clip, I was interviewed for this news article.


Savannah from Books with Bite traveled with her family to come see all the authors and illustrators! So great to meet you, Savannah! Jessica Lee Anderson is also in the photo.


Hanging with the gals Friday night. Around the table starting with the far left: Jo Whittemore, Me, Bethany Hegedus, Jenny Ziegler, Jeanette Larson, K. A. Holt (little head poking around), and Jessica Lee Anderson.

The view of Mexico from our hotel balcony. See the Rio Grande.


Leaving the Laredo area and heading through the Interstate checkpoint.

Laredo, it was a blast! I hope I get to see you again next year! Thank you for such wonderful hospitality!

3 comments:

storyqueen said...

So awesome! What a fun event. They were so lucky to have you!

Shelley

Danyelle L. said...

It looked like you had a blast! :)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Shelley! I was thrilled to be a part of it!

Yes, Danyelle! It was so much fun!