"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

SUPERNATURALLY by Kiersten White

Okay, so I was a huge fan of PARANORMALCY by Kiersten White. I loved the voice and the fun and the plot that mattered yet wasn't so dark I wanted to shut myself in a closet and hide. And even though I RARELY read sequels any more, this was one of my exceptions.

SUPERNATURALLY by Kiersten White (HarperTeen, July 26, 2011)


If you're like me and you loved PARANORMALCY, then SUPERNATURALLY is totally worth picking up and reading. From the romance which is definitely not all sunshine and lollipops to the intense faerie world to the struggles the main character, Evie, must face, you will not be disappointed. And as with PARANORMALCY, the voice was perfect. So fresh and enjoyable, and so what a teen girl would think like.

Highly recommended! But if you haven't read PARANORMALCY, then start with that one (read my review for it here).



From Amazon:

Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be... kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.

But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.


Source of book: Purchased

7 comments:

Theresa Milstein said...

I thought Evie lost her muchness in Supernaturally. It was more about the boyfriend than I expected. I also thought she ignored some obvious danger signs. Because I loved Paranomalcy, I'll probably give the 3rd book a try.

Angela Brown said...

"Lost her muchness". I absolutely adore that line...and not just because the first time I heard them they came from the lips of Johnny Depp.

This sounds like an interesting series. Gives me a couple of items to consider for my to-read list.

Natalie Aguirre said...

I loved Paranormalcy and can't wait to read Supernaturally. I can't believe my library doesn't have this series.

PJ Hoover said...

I can't believe that either, Natalie!

Muchness! Love that, Theresa!
But I don't remember Johnny Depp saying it, Angela. What movie? I'll have to google...

Sakira said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sakira said...

I loved both PARANORMALCY and SUPERNATURALLY so, so much. Can't wait to read ENDLESSLY!!! :D

- Kris S

PJ Hoover said...

Very cool, Sakira! It's hard to even think of a book 3 already. But what a cool name!