THE FAERIE RING by Kiki Hamilton (Tor, September 27, 2011)
Ever since Kiki announced her book deal back when we were in The Enchanted Inkpot together, I couldn't wait to read it. I was lucky enough to meet Kiki in real life at ALA this past June and get my own signed ARC. And now that ARC can be yours (actually, I'm giving away a friend's signed ARC because I want to keep mine for myself).
3 Things you will love about THE FAERIE RING:
1) The romance blossoms. I wasn't sure in the first part of the book who the main love interested would be, and this kept me guessing throughout the story. And then when the romance came through, it really clicked. Right in place.
2) Real consequences for the characters. With orphans and sickness and poverty and evil faeries, each page had me quickly turning it by to see what would happen next.
3) Yes, it's faeries. But with its historical setting, it's so rich and different from other faerie stories on the market.
Trust me: You have to read this book!
Source of ARC: From publisher at ALA
Debut novelist Kiki Hamilton takes readers from the gritty slums and glittering ballrooms of Victorian London to the beguiling but menacing Otherworld of the Fey in this spellbinding tale of romance, suspense, and danger.
The year is 1871, and Tiki has been making a home for herself and her family of orphans in a deserted hideaway adjoining Charing Cross Station in central London. Their only means of survival is by picking pockets. One December night, Tiki steals a ring, and sets off a chain of events that could lead to all-out war with the Fey. For the ring belongs to Queen Victoria, and it binds the rulers of England and the realm of Faerie to peace. With the ring missing, a rebel group of faeries hopes to break the treaty with dark magic and blood—Tiki’s blood.
Unbeknownst to Tiki, she is being watched—and protected—by Rieker, a fellow thief who suspects she is involved in the disappearance of the ring. Rieker has secrets of his own, and Tiki is not all that she appears to be. Her very existence haunts Prince Leopold, the Queen’s son, who is driven to know more about the mysterious mark that encircles her wrist.
Prince, pauper, and thief—all must work together to secure the treaty…
For your chance to win THE FAERIE RING signed ARC, you have to follow this blog. That gets you one entry.
- +1 entry - Follow this blog
Extra entries are here:
- + 2 entries - Tweet about this contest. See button at the top of post for an easy tweet!
- + 2 entries - Blog about this contest.
- + 2 entries - Tell me how much you want this book :)
Okay, that's it! Fill out the form below. And good luck!