"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Thursday, October 20, 2011

PERSONAL DEMONS by Lisa Desrochers

I remember when this book came out, Lisa Desroches and the publisher did a fantastic job blasting it onto the scene with blogs and social marketing. Aside from the beautiful marketing display, I was totally intrigued by the cover. It was just so different from many young adult novels out there. The characters drew me in and seriously made me want to read it.

PERSONAL DEMONS by Lisa Desroches (Tor Teen, September 14, 2010)


So I met Lisa (finally) in person at ALA this past June and managed to snag myself a signed copy of the book. Sweet! And I have to admit, this book is totally right up my alley. There is an awesome love triangle (which, yes, I admit, I do love love triangles). There is a heroine that can kick serious butt and stick up for herself. (And she practices martial arts...how cool is that. Wait, I can identify with this gal.)

Anyway, the plot is excellent, there are major consequences at play (which really had me wondering how it was all going to turn out). There is steamy romance which is always a plus. And there are sequels!

This book is perfect for fans of angels or demons or anything paranormal. It's a fun read and will leave you wanting to read the second book right away...which you can because ORIGINAL SIN is already out.

Highly recommended! And the best part is it's on sale right now on Amazon for $4.

Source of book: From publisher at ALA



From Amazon:

If you had to choose between Heaven and Hell, which would it be?

Are you sure about that...?

Frannie Cavanaugh is a good Catholic girl with a wicked streak. She's spent years keeping everyone at a distance--even her closest friends--and it seems her senior year will be more of the same...until Luc Cain enrolls in her class. No one knows where he came from, but Frannie can't seem to stay away from him. What she doesn't know is that Luc works in Acquisitions--for Hell--and she possesses a unique skill set that has the king of Hell tingling with anticipation. All Luc has to do is get her to sin, and he's as tempting as they come. Frannie doesn't stand a chance.

Unfortunately for Luc, Heaven has other plans, and the angel, Gabe, is going to do whatever it takes to make sure that Luc doesn't get what he came for. And it isn't long before they find themselves fighting for more than just her soul.

But if Luc fails, there will be Hell to pay...for all of them.

7 comments:

Mocha ღ Latte(Cupcake and a Latte) said...

Excellent review, short and sweet =)


-Wendy from A Cupcake and a Latte: YA Reviews

Natalie Aguirre said...

Thanks so much for the tip. I'm adding this to my list to buy as I need to pre-order another book. I really want to read this.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Wendy! I'm all about short reviews, and love talking about the books I love :)

It's awesome, Natalie. Just a fun, enjoyable read all the way around.

Matthew MacNish said...

My daughter loved this book, and then she reviewed it for LiLa, and Lisa loved her review! It was very cool.

I haven't read it.

PJ Hoover said...

I just headed over and read her review, Matthew! So awesome! It's a fun read and worth reading :)

roro said...

I really want to read this.

Angela Brown said...

This sounds like an awesome read. Definitely something for my TBR list. Thanks so much for sharing.