"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Sunday, October 16, 2011

WEEK IN PHOTOS

There's been a ton going on this fall, so I thought I'd capture the last week in photos.

I joined author Jessica Lee Anderson for a book signing Saturday at The Book Spot in Round Rock, Texas. If you've never been to The Book Spot, it's a fantastic bookstore with an eclectic collection and super nice owners. There are even two darling dogs that roam the place during business hours.

Me at my signing table

Jessica at her signing table

Cake Balls being delivered by Chef Jocelyn of SugaPlump Pastries

Assortment of yummy cake balls! You should totally try these. They are the new rage :)

Jeanette Larson taking a picture of me taking a picture of someone reading SOLSTICE at the book signing :)

****

Assembly begins for the Lego Death Star

*****

We now have 50 tombstones in our front yard...

...including this one

*****

Signing with Madeline Smoot and Jessica Lee Anderson and Jeanette Larson (not shown) at the Taylor Library Gala Thursday night. I'm told we made the front page of the Taylor paper!

*****

At a book release party on Sunday for Jeff Crosby and Shelley Ann Jackson for HARNESS HORSES, BUCKING BRONCOS, AND PIT PONIES (Tundra, October 11, 2011). I got a copy of WIENER WOLF (Hyperion, July 5, 2011) which is darling and a great gift idea for the holidays!
With Bethany Hegedus and Jessica Lee Anderson. The party was at Bethany's Writing Barn.

And this picture of me cracks me up.

Hope the week ahead is wonderful!

7 comments:

C.R. Evers said...

Love the tombstones! Awesome!

Looks like you've been a busy girl.

Now I have to go eat. The pictures of the cake balls made me hungry. :0)

Angela Brown said...

Wonderful pictures.

You have been a busy, busy bee.

And yeah, loved the tombstones, especially the I Brake for Zombies one. I could see how that would be a Big Mistake. LOL!!!

Paige said...

Sorry I missed your book signing. My husband and I moved to Oklahoma this summer, so it would have been a bit far to drive :)

Enjoyed your guest post on "Market My Words." Way to go!

Take care and happy day...

Kelly Polark said...

LOVE your graveyard! We do that too, but with our house for sale, we can't this year!

Fun photos! I love cake balls.
And my youngest son would be green with envy over the death star. HE wants that so badly, but it's so expensive (and he's only 7, he's really, really good at Legos, but that may be too hard for him yet). I'm interested to know how long it takes to build!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Christy! I've been very busy, but happy being busy. And yummy cake balls!

Thanks, Angela! The zombie one cracked me up :)

I'm so sorry you moved, Paige!!!!! I miss you *sniff sniff* And thank you!

Kelly, I think I wanted the Death Star more than my son. So far, we haven't had much time to work on it. Where does time go?
Good luck with moving!

Miriam Forster said...

That tombstone cracked me up! And the picture of you taking a picture was sweet. Very Inception-like.

I'm glad you've had such a great week!

PJ Hoover said...

LOL, Miriam! I love the Inception reference. It is so apt. And thank you!