"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, October 14, 2011

YA INDIE CARNIVAL: FAVORITE FAN MAIL

It's time again for the YA Indie Carnival, an awesome group of weekly bloggers blogging about the same topic! This week's topic?

MY FAVORITE FAN MAIL

There are few things I like more about the writing life than hearing from fans.

Like emails such as this:

"...I just wanted to email you to let you know that you are my favorite book author of all time you have just replaced Rick Riordan. I think that your the best, You have really inspired me to write books! Ever since I was about 9 year old I have always loved reading books about Greek Mythology and I loved reading fantasy. I always get bored with children chapter books, and I love Young Adult books, but I think your book takes the cake :).I think that your the best author in the world..."

Seriously, these words are made of love <3


Or notes that include the word 'lovely' when referring to me such as this:


Or fan art such as this:


Or book-inspired school projects such as this:


It's proof. People who read are awesome. People who read my books are even more awesome :) Thank you!

For a list of all blogs participating, check out the YA Author Club website!

13 comments:

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

That is AWESOME! #fansrock (p.s. hopping over from the blogfest - so glad I found you!)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Susan! I'm so glad you found me, too. Thank you for visiting :)

laurasmagicday said...

Now, that's just ADORABLE:) Thanks for sharing PJ! Your fans rock.

PJ Hoover said...

LOL, you're welcome, Laura. I loved the hand-written letter and picture :)
Thanks for visiting!

T. R. Graves said...

You do have some passionate fans!

PJ Hoover said...

They make me smile, T. R.! Hope your weekend is great :)

Elle Strauss said...

that is so cool. I've yet to receive "fan" mail--can't wait for that day!

PJ Hoover said...

It will be soon, Elle! Readers are awesome!

Matthew MacNish said...

Getting that stuff from kids must be especially cool.

PJ Hoover said...

Kids rock, Matthew! I love that they take the time to let authors know when they love something :)

Miriam Forster said...

That's pretty amazing! I love the fan art!

Heather Zundel said...

That is so utterly cool. Tangible paper fan mail still exists! I think I want to frame every one I ever receive.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Miriam! I love it. Kid's art and writing makes me so happy as it is, and this is a bonus.

I know exactly what you mean, Heather! And I do have some in frames :) I couldn't help myself!