"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Monday, November 28, 2011

5 Things I'm Thankful For

In the wake of this thankful time of year, I give you five things from recent times I'm grateful for.

1) This nerdy picture of me and R2D2 from Austin Comic Con that I totally forgot to post.

Droid Love!

2) These beautiful SOLSTICE necklaces made by the wonderful Demetra Brodsky. Seriously, how awesome is this? Okay, and since there is obviously more than one, look for a giveaway in the near future!

Necklace love!

3) Playing hours upon hours of Wizard 101 with my kids (think World of Warcraft meets Harry Potter). After the fifth straight day playing this weekend, I finally admitted to my husband that it was actually pretty fun :)

My avatar, Fallon Mythwalker, rocks! Seriously, don't I look cool?

4) Watching my house transform into Christmas, and being able to decorate my tree properly (see (5) below).

Before...


After...

5) And for properly, what I mean is with my awesome collection of Star Trek and Star Wars ornaments. Some of my favorites include:


The Guardian of Forever


The Transporter


Yoda, who will now tell me, with the push of a button, "Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."


The Borg Cube along with the Revenge of the Sith "You were supposed to be the chosen one" ornament. It always gives me a little tear in my eye. Why did Anakin have to turn to the dark side?



And finally, the classic Pon Farr


Hope your Thanksgiving was great!

11 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Love your ornaments. It's always important to remember what we're thankful for.

Kelly Polark said...

Love you and R2!
And one day I want a Star Wars tree. We do have SW ornaments, but not enough for one tree!

Angela Brown said...

Love the tree. Sci-fi awesomeness dripping from the branches. :-)

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Mythwalker! What a great name for an avatar. And that tree is made of awesome.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Natalie! It really does help to list out things that make us happy and thankful, no matter how small :)

LOL, Kelly! I loved it, too. He was a great R2D2. Yes, more SW ornaments!

That is a great description, Angela!

My avatar makes me smile, Tricia. She is way cooler than me, and I'd love to change my name to hers :)

Thanks for visiting, you all!

Miriam Forster said...

Hahaha. I never realized how many of your ornaments have people fighting to the death!

Also, that picture of you and R2 is awesome. :)

Raine said...

Wow, those are cool ornaments! I even see the Enterprise. I like all of them. :D A good pic with R2D2. Yes your Avatar rocks big time. The name Fallon Mythwalker has a nice hero ring to it too. By any chance a character name that didn't make in one of your books? :D

PJ Hoover said...

Oh, too funny, Miriam! But there is something about fight scenes that really works. *makes note to self*

Raine, I am totally naming a character in my next book Fallon. Not sure about the Mythwalker part, but what the heck! I could! :)

Raine said...

Oh, you have to include Mythwalker as a last name. :D It leaves quite an indelible mark for us, readers :D No pressure. :D Something mysterious and exciting brew I would think. Oh of course, final say falls on ya. :D

PJ Hoover said...

Now I'm totally going to have to do it, Raine! And, of course, now I want to play more Wizard 101, too :)

Raine said...

Happy mastering Wizard 101! :D