"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Monday, November 14, 2011

It's a Wrap...Wizard World & Austin Comic Con FTW!

In case you've been living in a hole and had no idea, this past weekend was Austin Comic Con put on by the amazing people at Wizard World. Something like Comic Con is best told in pictures (or video, but I haven't edited that yet...). So anyway, here you go.


Our AWESOME Writing Ninjas of Texas booth. Seriously, I loved our booth :)



Six of the Writing Ninjas of Texas: K. A. Holt, Cory Putman Oakes, Madeline Smoot, Joy Preble, P. J. Hoover (Me), and Jessica Lee Anderson



Our fantastic book sellers, Julie and Danny, from The Book Spot (a wonderful, independent bookstore in Round Rock, Texas)



Me with a couple of my Kung Fu friends, Hugh and Derek!



Cynthia and Greg Leitich Smith hanging over in Artists' Alley. They were right by Chewbacca who I did not get a picture of.


Kids dressed up in all sorts of cute costumes! I love how this little kid even had the pose down perfectly.



Me with Super Target Man who even let me hold his scanner :)



My favorite costumes from the event. The gal made these out of paint sample papers from Home Depot. Love that!



Jessica with Captain Jack Sparrow.



Me with Thor!



Four of the seven Texas Sweethearts & Scoundrels: K. A. Holt, Jo Whittemore, Jessica Lee Anderson, and Me



Kari made so many kids cry. Not this one. She was very brave.



Kari also got shot by a guy on stilts.


Madeline sang the Mouseketeer song for the news.



Me talking to Kevin Sorbo :) I am being a total fangirl!


And yes, me with my Kevin Sorbo official photo!


Okay, who's ready for next year?????

7 comments:

Tere Kirkland said...

Wow, that looks like it was tons of fun! Next year!

PS, Love your white dress

Lindsey Lane said...

OMG...it's better than Halloween...

PJ Hoover said...

It was a blast, Tere! Yes, next year. And thank you!

Totally better, Lindsey! I was sorry to have missed your meeting. Hope it went great!

Angela Brown said...

That looks like so much fun. I'm glad you guys really enjoyed yourselves!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Angela! You should definitely try to come sometime!

Matthew MacNish said...

Wow. Awesome.

PJ Hoover said...

So much fun, Matthew! Thanks for visiting!