"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

SOLSTICE in Brazil!

I am beyond excited to announce that Brazilian rights for SOLSTICE have sold!

From Publishers Marketplace:

Brazil rights to P.J. Hoover's SOLSTICE, to Novo Conceito, by Sandra Bruna Literary Agency, on behalf of Taryn Fagerness Agency and Laura Rennert of the Andrea Brown Literary Agency.

Whoo hoo! In case you haven't heard of Novo Conceito, they are the same publisher who has picked up other awesome YA books like ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins and JULIET IMMORTAL by Stacey Jay, along with books by Nicholas Sparks and Barbara Walters.

How do you say "totally awesome news" in Portuguese? Go SOLSTICE!

22 comments:

beth said...

Congratulations!!!! That is spectacular news!!!!!

Jessie Harrell said...

Congrats! So excited for you. Does this mean you'll be learning Portugese now?

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Beth! I was very excited!

Thank you, Jessie! Maybe I'll just learn certain key phrases in Portuguese. And the names of the Greek gods :)

Christine Marciniak said...

Notícias Totalmente Incrível - that's "totally awesome news" in Portugese according to Google Translate.
Congratulations!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Chris! And I can see that. It's kind of like "notice totally incredible."

Lindsey Lane said...

Felicidades!!!!

Evie said...

Congrats!!!
I'm brazilian and now I can't wait to read it in portuguese :D

roro said...

Congratulations!!

Cherie Reich said...

Congratulations!! That's great news.

PJ Hoover said...

LOL! Thanks, Lindsey!

Yay, Evie! Thank you. I'm excited that it is going to be translated :)

Thanks, roro and Cherie!

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Woohoo!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Caroline!

E. Kristin Anderson said...

I'm so freaking excited for you, Tricia! Brazil scored big on this one!

PJ Hoover said...

Aw, thanks, Emily!

Rebecca said...

Very exciting news! Congratulations!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Rebecca, for the congrats and for visiting!

Miriam Forster said...

WOW!

PJ, that is totally amazing! I'm so happy for you! *tosses confetti* *does happy dance*

PJ Hoover said...

Oooh, thank you, Miriam! I love confetti!

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

Wow! That is totally awesome!! :)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Susan! I'm very happy :)

A Backwards Story said...

Congrats, how wonderful!!! <3

Do you think all the success will make a traditional publisher pick this up so it can be physical on bookshelves and reach a broader audience? I recommend it as much as I can, but I feel that there are so many more people who need to love SOLSTICE! <3

PJ Hoover said...

Hey Bonnie, thank you so much! And thank you for all your support for SOLSTICE. I totally appreciate it!