YA FANTASY ON THE RISE?
So many books being published these days are YA Fantasy. Why is that? Maybe I don't have all the reasons, but I'll give you five.
1) Fantastical elements make for great covers. And let's face it: people do judge books by their covers.
2) Everyone wanted to try Turkish Delight when they first read THE LION, THE WITCH, AND THE WARDROBE. And from this, an early love of fantasy was born.
3) Kids and teens need to be hooked right away, and as a result, YA writing is tight. There aren't a bunch of extra words everywhere to clutter up the pages.
4) Deep down, we all want special powers. For me, it was Jedi powers. I wanted to be able to get my light saber with telekinesis alone.
5) Maybe if we keep reading about fantasy worlds, one of them will actually turn out to be real. Like there could be a world of mythology of faerie parallel to our own, right?
For a list of all blogs participating, check out the YA Author Club website!