"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

BAD ACES BLOG TOUR! CALLUM & HARPER by FISHER AMELIE

I'm thrilled today to be part of "The 25 Day Tour of Bad Aces" for

CALLUM & HARPER by Fisher Amelia


...which releases on December 24th! And I love the fact that the blog tour has Bad Aces in the title. Like I am a Bad Ace. But I don't mind, because it just sounds sort of cool. Anyway...

...talk about gorgeous cover. I love this one! I asked Fisher to offer up a top ten list (because everything is better in lists of ten, right?). And here's what she came up with...a top ten list from one of her main character! :)


Top Ten Reasons Why I Love Harper Bailey
by Callum Tate

10. When I'm in a sour mood, she always blasts a ridiculous novelty song like "The Time Warp" through our apartment, lips syncs and then proceeds to dance a deliciously idiotic dance in front of me. i.e. The Lawnmower, The Shopping Cart, The Standard Sprinkler, The Windmill, or if I'm really lucky, she'll lay on her side on our wood floor and pivot her body in a circle only using her feet.

9. She always jumps to defend me. Always. Even when I'm wrong, she jumps to defend me.

8. She pretends she doesn't know that I know she drinks from the milk carton in the middle of the night.

7. She drinks milk...straight up, like that's normal.

6. She paints her toe nails outrageous patterns, like red and green plaid on Christmas. Spends hours on it. Then, puts socks on because her feet are cold.

5. She puts her hands in the pockets of my coat without thinking.

4. She'll yank a potato chip from my hand and replace it with a carrot without a word spoken. She's dangerously quiet...like a 'nutrition ninja'.

3. She literally waits until the last second to write a paper. It drives me batty. Yet somehow always makes an A. Lucky minx.

2. She leaves me notes on my door whenever she leaves. Usually saucy jokes. i.e. Last Thursday's note? 'Two olives on a table. One rolls off onto floor. The other asks, "You okay?" The fallen olive replies, "O-live"'

1. And the most important reason of all. Her face lights up like a million watt bulb when I. Me. Moi. *Points to self* This guy...walks into a room. I still can't believe it.


From Amazon:

Life sucks for orphans Callum Tate and Harper Bailey.

Kicked out of their foster homes because they suffer the 'eighteen disease' with nothing but a hundred dollar check from the government and a pat on the back, they're forced to rely on a system that failed them miserably.

So they sit. They sit inside Social Services, waiting for their social workers to call their names and offer them the miracle they know will never come but they sit anyway because they have nowhere else to go, no other options on their very literal and figurative empty plates.

But as they sit, they notice the other. Although captivated, they each come to the conclusion that life is complicated enough without throwing in a boiling tension that can't ever be acted upon because they're both too busy thinking about where their next meal will come from but when their names are called and both are placed on a year long waiting list for permanent housing, suddenly relying on each other seems like a very viable plan B.

And, oh, how lovely Plan B's can be.

Well, except for the psycho from Harper's past that haunts her and, oh, yeah, there's the little issue that neither of them knows they're in love with the other.

Needless to say, Callum & Harper's life just got a bit more complicated.

“One day, you and I are gonna’ wake up and be alright. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but one day. One day. I promise you.” - Callum Tate


***

Fisher is running a contest for the length of her book tour! To win a signed copy of Callum & Harper just click here

Visit Fisher at her website. www.fisheramelie.com

Watch her Book Trailers
here

Find Fisher on
Goodreads

Find
Fisher on Amazon

Find
Fisher on Barnes&Noble

Find
Fisher on Facebook

Find
Fisher on Twitter

Feel like talking to her in private? We don't blame you, she is easily persuaded into doing illegal things. E-mail her at fisher@fisheramelie.com. Don't worry, she's put up a firewall that no government agency could penetrate.

5 comments:

Fisher Amelie said...

Thank you for having me, PJ!!! I had a blast and, uh, you ARE a Bad Ace. Duh!

The Autumn Review said...

They're so cute!

Angela Brown said...

I love that line shared, about things being alright one day. A lot of hope in those words.

I love the book cover and I really enjoyed the book trailer for The Understorey...very good.

Thanks Fisher and PJ :-)

Sophia Rose said...

Love the list! Too cute!

PJ Hoover said...

You are so welcome, Fisher! Thank you for being here!

Totally agree, Autumn :)

The cover is amazing, isn't it, Angela?!

I know, Sophia! It really helps me get to know the characters :)