Since she is, by all accounts, a marketing expert, Shelli is sharing with us...
TOP TEN WAYS TO PREPARE FOR AN E-BOOK RELEASE
1) Create hype and word of mouth by talking about your book.
But not too much. Add it to your signature and bios so people can see your book without you having to talk about it all the time. Utilize your online network.
2) Plan your launch day and create an online event.
What can you do to attract readers to your blog? Contests, giveaways, chats etc. Set this up and promote it online through Facebook or Twitter.
3) Plan a blog tour online.
Utilize grass roots effort and reach out to bloggers and e-zines.
4) Gather reviews.
Give away eBooks in exchange for them to post an honest review somewhere, whether it is on Amazon, Goodreads, B&N or other channel.
5) Create a slogan that will stick.
Something catchy that will attract the attention of others.
6) Create a Tumblr site to reach.
This will provide access to a younger audience.
7) Investigate ways to advertise eBooks online.
Kindle Nation and Pixie Ink are good ones.
8) Set up Facebook, Twitter and utilize their options such as event pages.
Make sure you have author pages and book pages set up.
9) Join Forums and participate in the conversations.
Find groups online that share the interests in your books. Make sure you understand their rules about promotion.
10) Spend an hour a day on marketing.
Send an email, post a blog. If you do a little everyday, it will make a difference.
Thank you, Shelli! And readers don't miss out on UNTRACEABLE!