"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Thursday, January 26, 2012

ALA Midwinter—The Books

I already mentioned all the awesome things about ALA Midwinter 2012, so what I want to do now is highlight some of the books I am especially excited to read!


Here we are, just before the doors opened, ready to head out into the exhibit hall. Notice our bags are EMPTY!


My top 5 I am most excited to read...




INVISIBLE SUN by David Macinnis Gill (Greenwillow, March 27, 2012)
TIMEPIECE by Myra McEntire (Egmont, June 12, 2012)
PANDEMONIUM by Lauren Oliver (Harper, February 28, 2012)
SWITCHED by Amanda Hawking (St. Martins, January 3, 2012)
UNDER THE NEVER SKY by Veronica Rossi (Harper, January 3, 2012)


SFF/Dystopic YA:




LOSERS IN SPACE by John Barnes (Viking, April 12, 2012)
INSIGNIA by S. J. Kincaid (Katherine Tegen, July 10, 2012)
THE DESERTER by Peadar O Guilin (Random House, March 13, 2012)
REPLICATION: THE JASON EXPERIMENT by Jill Williamson (Zondervan, December 27, 2011)
THE DROWNED CITIES by Paolo Bacigalupi (Little, Brown, May 1, 2012)


YA Fantasy:





SERAPHINA by Rachel Hartman (Random House, July 10, 2012)
THE BOOK OF BLOOD AND SHADOW by Robin Wasserman (Knopf, April 10, 2012)
ILLUMINATE by Aimee Agresti (Harcourt, March 6, 2012)
HEMLOCK by Kathleen Peacock (Katherine Tegen, May 8, 2012)
INCARNATE by Jodi Meadows (Katherine Tegen, January 31, 2012)


MG:




STORYBOUND by Marissa Burt (Harper, April 3, 2012)
THE FALSE PRINCE by Jennifer A. Nielsen (Scholastic, April 1, 2012)
THE CABINET OF EARTHS by Anne Nesbet (Harper, January 3, 2012)


I got lots more, and of course, there were some titles I just wasn't able to get that I really wanted to, but of the books I got, these are the ones closest to the top of my TBR list :)

Happy Weekend! And until the next conference :)

8 comments:

roro said...

a lot of them r on my wishlist

roro said...

njoy

Carina Olsen said...

Ohh. You got so many amazing books! :D I hope you enjoy them all. <33 Psst; did you get Bitterblue? (A) :D

Natalie Aguirre said...

Could I ever pay you to pick up books for me? Because I want them all. Sigh.

storyqueen said...

I think you should give all of the middle grades away...to ME!!! I am dying to read those three! (And Insignia...and Incarnate....and isn't the cover of Seraphina to die for??)

SO AWESOME!

Shelley

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Roro! So many were on my wishlist, too!

I didn't, Carina, but I *think* it is in the mail on its way to me as we speak!!!!! Yay!!!!!

So funny, Natalie! I was lucky this year in having somewhere to stash the books so my shoulder didn't hurt at all. It was amazing.

Yes, Shelley! i will send them all your way :) They all look really good, don't they!

Thanks for visiting, you all!

Miriam Forster said...

WANT. WANT THEM ALL.

*grabby hands*

PJ Hoover said...

I know, Miriam! I love books :)