The conference is filled with great faculty, and I'll even be speaking (doing the presentation I did at the Digital Symposium back in October). So whether you're looking for a critique, great networking, or just some good inspiration, now is the time to sign up!
February 17-19, 2012
St. Edward’s University
Are you a newbie? A multi-published old pro? Craft fiction or non? Do you write and/or illustrate with tiny tots, middle-graders or teens in mind? Do you favor the gleeful or the gothic tale? Are you ready to proudly present your amazing portfolio for the world to see? Does wading through the legalities of publishing world issues boggle your mind? Want to learn the basics of shameless self-promotion? Are you ready to take your work to a shiny new level of stellar excellence? Well, then, this conference is for you!
We’ve gathered together the industry’s finest professionals – agents, editors, an art director, a publicist, a legal expert, authors, and illustrators – to offer something for everyone at the 2012 Austin SCBWI Chapter Regional Conference. We’d love to have you join us. Won’t you?
Early bird Registration Base Rate– Register online or postmarked on or before Dec. 15, 2011: $135 Members / $150 Non-members
After Dec. 15, 2011: Base Rate is $150.00 Members/ $165.00 Non-members
Base-rate Registration includes:
- Panels and lectures on writing, illustrating and the publishing business
- Admission to two Wine and Cheese Socials with Agents, Editors, and Esteemed Guests
- Access to Top Agents, an Art Director, and Editors throughout the weekend
- Friday Night Readings
- Portfolio Display and Contest
- Door Prizes
- Silent Auction
- Saturday morning Coffee/Tea Bar
- Delicious catered lunch
- Book Store
- Autograph Party
For an additional fee, you can add:
- A 10-minute consultation with the Agent, Editor, or Accomplished Writer of your choice
A 50-minute professional review with Publicist Kristen Kappy(sold out)
- A 10-minute portfolio review with Art Director Patty Harris
- Small-Group Intensive Sessions
- A full day YA Intensive Session on Sunday, February 19
Space is limited for all of the above. So sign up now, no whining!
SEE YOU THERE!