GRAVE MERCY: HIS FAIR ASSASSIN BOOK 1 by Robin LaFevers (Houghton Mifflin, April 3, 2012)
I'm going to give you five reason why you will love this book. Five reasons why I loved it. Because I did! And you will, too!
1) You love high fantasy and wish there would be more awesome, original high fantasy in the world of young adult books these days.
2) You appreciate beautiful writing. Robin has a gift with words, and in none of her books before has it shown so well. I've read Robin's Theodosia books and her Nathanial Fludd books and they are fantastic, but her writing is exquisite in GRAVE MERCY. It's the writing craft at its finest.
3) You, like me, think Robin is awesome.
4) You are a sucker for romance. I admit it. Above all else, I love well-done romance. I love when the main characters cannot be together for a valid reason, and the author keeps them apart while at the same time drawing them close together. Yes, you guessed it. GRAVE MERCY is a beautiful example of this.
5) Assassin Nuns? Do I really need to say more?
In short, this book is amazing and at the top of my list of books read. I will recommend it to anyone who will listen. Highly recommended for girls (especially fans of books like THE GIRL OF FIRE AND THORNS) seventh grade and up.
Source of book: From publisher by request
Why be the sheep, when you can be the wolf?
Seventeen-year-old Ismae escapes from the brutality of an arranged marriage into the sanctuary of the convent of St. Mortain, where the sisters still serve the gods of old. Here she learns that the god of Death Himself has blessed her with dangerous gifts—and a violent destiny. If she chooses to stay at the convent, she will be trained as an assassin and serve as a handmaiden to Death. To claim her new life, she must destroy the lives of others.
Ismae’s most important assignment takes her straight into the high court of Brittany—where she finds herself woefully under prepared—not only for the deadly games of intrigue and treason, but for the impossible choices she must make. For how can she deliver Death’s vengeance upon a target who, against her will, has stolen her heart?
So what are you waiting for? Enter the contest already to win! Just fill out the form below!
Note: Contest is US and Canada only!
a Rafflecopter giveaway