I was thrilled to snag an ARC of this sequel at ALA Midwinter.
INVISIBLE SUN by David Macinnis Gill (Greenwillow, March 27, 2011)
I'm going to give you five reasons you have to read INVISIBLE SUN, and then you get a chance to win an ARC of it!
1) The writing in INVISIBLE SUN is top-notch. Actually, as each page went by, I was more and more impressed with just how fantastic of an author David really is. This book was like a showcase of his writing ability.
2) The characters cared about each other, which of course, is our goal. But the level of their caring leaped off the page. It was deep and it made me care so much more.
3) Okay, I'll admit it. I was so into this book and then something happened and I was furious. So mad I was ready to send David an email pronto. As then, as I finished reading, the situation resolved and left me hanging and waiting for book 3. I love when I read a book where the plot and consequences matter so much to me.
4) The main characters, Durango and Vienne, are just plain awesome. They are independent yet need each other. There is nothing they can't do, yet still they have so much to learn. I love that!
5) The future shown is INVISIBLE SUN, though dark, is compelling. It's the perfect mix of science-fiction and dystopia and young adult fiction. The adventure is something teens will crave, both boys and girls, fans of science fiction or not.
Highly recommended! Do yourself a favor and read this book!
Actually read both books. It's YA writing at its best.
Source of book: From publisher at ALA midwinter
Obsessed with MUSE, the clandestine project that created the AI in his brain, mercenary chief Durango draws the ire of the government when he steals part of the secret project data and hightails it with his lieutenant, Vienne, to an ancient monastery. There, he meets the monks who raised Vienne from an orphan and also encounters soldiers working for his old nemesis, the crime lord Mr. Lyme. Lyme controls the territory surrounding the monastery, as well as the datacenters housing the rest of MUSE.
Undeterred, Durango and Vienne pull off an ill-advised raid on Lyme’s complex. During the ensuing battle, however, Vienne is captured, and Durango is beaten and left for dead. Now, wounded and shaken, Durango must overcome bounty hunters, treacherous terrain, a full scale civil war, and a warrior monk with an eye for vengeance (not to mention his own guilt, self-doubt, and broken arm) to find Vienne and free her from Archibald, a brain-washing pyromaniac with a Napoleon complex who wants to rule Mars--and kill Durango in the process.
Now for your chance to win an ARC of this amazing book! It's easy! Two things to note...
1) This giveaway is open until 11:59 on March 10, 2012
2) Contest is US and Canada only!
To enter, fill out the Rafflecopter form below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway