"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, February 03, 2012

MY VICIOUS VALENTINE: The Do-Not-Miss Austin Author Event!

I know there are tons of author events here in Austin. It's because:

1) Austin is cool (and weird).
2) We have the best indie bookstores in the country (like BookPeople and The Book Spot).
3) Everyone wants to visit Austin for one of the following reasons: good live music, good food, good books.
4) Cedar and Mold promote lots of written words. I'm not exactly sure why this happens, but the proof is in the number of books being pumped out of our community.
5) The Austin Kidlit Community is out of control. Really. Out. Of. Control.

And yes, probably every week you're getting invited to a different author event here in the Lone Star State. But trust me when I tell you that this is one you do not want to miss.

The event is so cool, amazing out-of-town authors will be flying in just for it. Somehow I am included in this lineup, and let me tell you, I am beyond honored.

It's going to be hot. It's going to rock. And it just might be a bit scary, too. And I promise to bring cookies with enough food coloring to dye your pinkie toes red.

***

WHEN: Friday, February 10, 7:00 pm
WHERE: BookPeople, Austin, TX

YA Author Panel Featuring:






Moderated by Sean Petrie


Join BookPeople when six top YA authors dish* on the devilish, gab about ghosts, and soar with the angels in this panel celebrating spine-tingling stories, supernatural creatures, and perhaps scariest of all, true love.**


*Truly, dish. Awesome secrets will be revealed.
**Their words, not mine.



See you there!

2 comments:

Christina Farley said...

Sounds like a great event! Have fun. Wish I was closer.

PJ Hoover said...

I wish you were, too!!!!!