"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Five on a Friday...

Happy Friday! Here's my five!

1) I hope at least some of you got out to see THE HUNGER GAMES movie last night at midnight! I hope it was awesome! I'm planning on going on Friday, April 6th with the fifth grade boys' book club I run. (Yes, I think HUNGER GAMES is okay for fifth grade.) I did mention how they all loved it, right? When we go to the movie, I'm going to suggest we all fast for 24 hours beforehand :)

And can I say BEST SHIRTWOOT EVER!

(picture totally from shirt woot, and I'm only using it to get you to buy the shirt!)

You can order yours from Shirt Woot!


2) In the first of two t-shirt sites I want to mention...
My awesome friend, Debbie Goff, has started up a t-shirt design company with all things Zen in mind. From the company's description...

"The Horizen t-shirt line was inspired by that feeling you have when you are on vacation or after a deep meditation when you are able to attain peace of mind. When you can kick back, relax, and simply enjoy life. Some people get this feeling by doing what they love to do or by doing what inspires them. We are in the start up phase of our company and look forward to sharing our designs with you as we grow."


***

In the second of the t-shirt sites, I want to mention

GONE READING: BRILLIANT PRODUCTS FOR THE WRITING LIFESTYLE

They have a fantastic array of t-shirts that are perfect for readers, writers, librarians, or anyone who just loves books. I personally have my eye on this one...




3) If you're looking for plans tomorrow afternoon (Saturday at 2:00 pm), head to BookPeople here in Austin, TX. Greg Leitich Smith will be celebrating the release of his newest book, THE CHRONAL ENGINE (Clarion, March 20, 2012).

The program will include an author presentation and dinosaur cookies, cupcakes, and other refreshments. Be there!




4) I've received THE SUNSHINE AWARD recently, namely from Meghan Kirkland and Tabitha Olson. Thank you! I'm kind of horrible about actually doing these in response, but here goes...

Favorite color: RED
Favorite animal: ELEPHANT
Favorite number: 4 or 13 (both unlucky in certain cultures but very lucky to me :) )
Favorite non-alcoholic drink: COFFEE. BLACK. HOT
Facebook or Twitter: FACEBOOK
My passion: WIZARD101 (currently). WRITING. DISNEYWORLD.
Getting or giving presents: GIVING (to my kids). GETTING (from others)
Favorite pattern: POWERS OF TWO...2, 4, 8, 16...
Favorite day of the week: I LOVE EVERY ONE!
Favorite flower: DAFFODIL

I will do a global pass-on for this one. Please consider continuing the chain!


5) What am I reading now? Absolutely NOTHING! Which is bizarre. But I am buried deep deep deep in revisions, and I can't quite bring myself to open another book. But there is an end in sight, and I'm reaching it.


Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

5 comments:

SA Larsenッ said...

Oooh, my daughter and I were supposed to go to the midnight showing last night, but it didn't work out. Hoping to catch viewing soon!!

Leah (aka Mary_not_Martha) said...

Revisions?Would that be on a sequel to Solstice?

PJ Hoover said...

I hope I can hold out two more weeks, SA! Every is talking about it!

Even better, Leah! No details yet, but I will have some soon :)
And thank you for the SOLSTICE love!!!!!

Angela Brown said...

Good luck with the revisioins. I'm in the middle of some of that wonky stuff right now.

Loving that "Take me to your reader" image. It reminds me of a billboard for a wine place that said, "Take me to your liter."

Readers, liters, books, wine...yeah, that's me.

PJ Hoover said...

LOL, Angela! I hear you! There was a wine-inspired shirt, too, that was very tempting :) Good luck with your revisions, too. It's fun when there's good direction!