Anyway, on to the five...
1) I'm not sure about the young or the haute part, but Saturday evening I will be featured as one of the Top Ten Haute Authors at the Friends of the SMU Libraries Table of Contents Fundraising Event (black tie optional!). I get to put on a fancy dress and talk about books all evening! Serious, how much fun is that?
My kids' reactions?
My 10yo son: Don't tell them how old you are.
My 7yo daughter: Mommy, you are totally hot. You get prettier and hotter every day. <3
My 10yo son: What she said is true. Seriously.
This is why I love my kids :)
Look for an update on the event next week!
2) I mentioned I haven't read anything is 3 weeks. It's a crazy place to be. But up next on my reading is...
BITTERBLUE by Kristin Cashore (Dial, May 1, 2012)
Yes, I have an ARC. Yes, I could probably be convinced to do a giveaway of said ARC :)
3) The sign of a good audiobook? When you listen to the book for all 28 hours, and then, as soon as you finish, you immediately download the 45 hour sequel and start listening to it. Review will be coming, but the book is...
THE NAME OF THE WIND by Patrick Rothfuss (DAW, 2007)
Yeah, it is that good.
4) Spring gets me in the mood for...
Planting and fixing up the house and TLA and...writing retreats! And I have a great one in the works! I cannot wait :)
5) So what have I been consistent about in the last three weeks (besides revisions)?
Kung FuI didn't even realize this until my husband pointed it out, but it's completely a part of my weekly routine, and unless I'm sick or out of town, I don't miss. Because what better way is there to release life's frustrations than to go kick and punch stuff and pretend you are cutting the heads off of zombies? :)
big weapons are better!
Hope your weekend is great!