"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, April 13, 2012

10 things—Waiting on a Friday the 13th

Sure, I normally do a Five on a Friday. But this is no ordinary Friday. This is Friday the 13th! And as seems to be the case for the last (insert amount of time), I am waiting on about 13 different things. And if you guys are the least bit like me, when I am waiting, I get a little itchy. And when I think about the itchiness, it makes me more itchy. And the waiting continues.

So when I'm waiting on stuff, here are 10 things I do to pass the time...

(and please comments and tell me what you do when you're waiting!)

1) Fold the laundry
It calls to me. It taunts me from the other room. It reminds me that it will wrinkle if I don't take care of it.

2) Order random t-shirts from tee-shirt sites
Yes, I know I've been posting some serious t-shirt love on Facebook, but sites like Tee Fury and Shirt Woot have the potential to make me broke.

3) Write a short story
And then revise said short story. And then, when I am sick of revising said short story, find something else on this list.

4) Jump on the elliptical machine
It's the perfect time to get all caught up on GAME OF THRONES (which would not appropriately be called GAME OF THONGS since that would imply the characters were wearing some shreds of clothing).


5) Scrub the toilets
Yes, I must be pretty desperate to get to this one.

6) Listen to Star Trek ambient noise
Enough said.



7) Organize something around the house
A junk drawer, kid's toys, personal finances. Whatever it is, lose myself in the minutiae.

8) Play Wizard101
And do not allow guilt from playing hours of Wizard101 to creep in. This is quality family time.


9) Read
Waiting time is the perfect time to get caught up on all those ARCs from ALA Midwinter, especially seeing as how TLA is NEXT WEEK and a whole new, fresh batch of ARCs is coming!

10) Kung Fu
Kicking and punching is always a nice solution when filled with pent-up energy.


Okay, so that's my start. What works for you? What's the best way to spend time when busy waiting? :)

4 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

I love Game of Thrones. And today's an awesome day--my daughter's birthday. Too bad she had to go to school and has a life guard class tonight.

PJ Hoover said...

Happy birthday to your daughter, Natalie! I hope, despite school and life guard class, that she has a great day!

Angela Brown said...

Yeah, those daily chores call loudly while I'm waiting on something. Lately I've ignored them, listening instead to the siren of reading as I dive into Solstice.

PJ Hoover said...

LOL, Angela! It's funny how reading can float its way to the top. But I seriously have to fold laundry like RIGHT NOW! Where did the day go?
Happy weekend!