AU REVOIR, CRAZY EUROPEAN CHICK by Joe Schreiber (Houghton Mifflin Books, October 25, 2011)
The amazing people at Houghton Mifflin have offered up a copy of AU REVOIR, CRAZY EUROPEAN CHICK as a giveaway, but first, I want to give you...
...Five reasons why you should totally read this book!
1) The action starts on page 1 and never stops. And when I say it never stops, I'm serious. This novel is 100% action packed in at a break-neck speed.
2) Okay, premise. Perry is stuck going to prom with their family's exchange student. And he's sure it's going to be totally boring...until she turns out to be an assassin, and she ropes him into her hits. *love*
3) The humor in this book was priceless. I absolutely adored Perry. He's thrown into this completely crazy situation and has no idea what to do. So he bumbles around trying to figure out what's right while getting himself into every mess possible. And he's hilarious the entire time.
4) The settings in this book came to life. I loved the party scenes and dance scenes and traffic scenes. I felt like I was right there with Perry and Gobija as they sped around the city, getting into every bit of trouble they could.
5) The ending. It's...perfect. Just the right hint of more to come. Yes, were a sequel to hit the shelves, I would be first in line!
Overall, this book is highly recommended for boys or girls (totally boys will love this one. don't let the girl on the cover scare them away), seventh grade and up, fans of action, adventure, and dark humor.
Source of book: Won in raffle at ALA midwinter
Ferris Bueller meets La Femme Nikita in this funny, action-packed young adult novel. It’s prom night—and Perry just wants to stick to his own plan and finally play a muchanticipated gig with his band in the Big Apple. But when his mother makes him take Gobija Zaksauskas—their quiet, geeky Lithuanian exchange student—to the prom, he never expects that his ordinary high school guy life will soon turn on its head. Perry finds that Gobi is on a mission, and Perry has no other choice but to go along for a reckless ride through Manhattan’s concrete grid with a trained assassin in Dad’s red Jag. Infused with capers, car chases, heists, hits, henchmen, and even a bear fight, this story mixes romance, comedy, and tragedy in a true teen coming-of-age adventure—and it’s not over until it’s “au revoir.”
Now for your chance to win an ARC of this amazing book! It's easy! Two things to note...
1) This giveaway is open until 12:01 am on May 5, 2012
2) Contest is US only!
To enter, fill out the Rafflecopter form below.
And may the odds be ever in your favor!