"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, April 27, 2012

Five on a Birthday Friday!

Yes, it's that special day for yours truly. If you count in hex, I am officially now 2A years old (so for the next six years, the hex trick doesn't work so well). Anyway, enough on the geeky engineering humor. I hope you all have fantastic days and weekends and entire weeks and months and years!

My Birthday Five:

1) So you know what a birthday commemorates? One more trip around the sun. I've officially traveled around the sun 2A times. I love that!

Yay! Pluto is still included!


2) It is uncanny how many things I look at with random numbers and the numbers come up as 427 (which is today). The clock reads 4:27. I am given hotel room number 427. The strides on the elliptical machine are 427. It's like there is a psychic power out there trying to constantly wish me a happy birthday :)

3) The thing I miss most about living at home with my parents (aside from never having to do my own laundry)?

Mom's Yum Yum Cake

See my mom always made me this incredible birthday cake. Angelfood with cream cheese and yogurt and cool whip icing and layers with pinapples and walnuts. Ugh, just typing it makes my mouth water. It was to-die-for and it was my favorite.

 This picture isn't even close to how awesome my mom's cake was

4) I'm writing today at The Place with my awesome Austin writing group! It makes for a perfect day, and I *think* I can even get a free shot on my birthday. Baileys?

Will the trolls show up?


5) As for the future? Well, it's looking good and exciting and I have no complaints. Perhaps my birthday movie will be BEASTMASTER (which I realize I've never seen). Anyone who's seen it? Is it kid-appropriate?


Thank you for all for reading and being awesome!

12 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

Happy Birthday!

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Kayeleen Hamblin said...

Happy birthday, PJ!

PJ Hoover said...

Thank you, guys! It's been a great day so far :)

Jessica Lee Anderson said...

Happy Birthday!!! I need to ask your mom for that recipe.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Happy Birthday! Have a great day!

Evie said...

Happy Birthday :)

miki said...

Happy Birthday, enjoy it

Angela Brown said...

It looks like the universe is sending you a Happy Birthday every which way you look so here's one more :-)

As for Beastmaster, been a long time since I've watched that. My memory doesn't like to serve me too well so I'd have to say Beastmaster is okay, may be borderline kid-friendly.

PJ Hoover said...

Thank you for all the birthday wishes, you guys!

And LOL, Angela! I checked the imdb for Beastmaster and it has a bit of female topless stuff going on (but still rated PG!). I will have to have the kids close their eyes during those parts :)

Miriam Forster said...

THE FUTURE IS TOTALLY EXCITING AND YOU ARE AWESOME!

Also, happy birthday! *hugs*

PJ Hoover said...

Yay, Miriam! Thank you!!!!!