"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Thursday, May 31, 2012

ANASTASIA FOREVER by Joy Preble

I was so excited to get an early copy of this third book in the ANASTASIA series by Joy Preble.

ANASTASIA FOREVER by Joy Preble (Sourcebooks, August 1, 2012)


In short...

I LOVE THESE BOOKS!

In a little bit longer form, I'm going to give you five great reasons to fall utterly in love with these books!

1) Okay, just to get it out in the open, Joy is a dear friend of mine! So I admit I am totally biased when it come to her story. But I fell in love with DREAMING ANASTASIA long before Joy and I were friends. I admit I was somewhat of a fangirl when I first met her. I bought the book at our Austin SCBWI conference where she was signing, and nervously introduced myself :)


Joy (in the purple) dressed up like an evil Russian mermaid for Austin Comic Con.


2) Yes, I just have to mention ANASTASIA. Has there been any mystery since the unexpected death of King Tut that has stirred up so many conspiracy stories? Right, so Joy took it upon herself to write what she think happened. I love the opportunity to look into someone else's mind and see what they came up with. And it is awesome :)

3) I have a complete soft spot in my heart for immortal characters. But just to be fair, not all immortal characters quite do it for me. Not the case with Ethan. He's lived a long time and yet he has such a great edge of innocence. He does not know everything. He is learning anew. He can be fooled. Tricked. Fall in love. And yet he is beyond cool. If I were the swooning type, Ethan would be totally swoon-worthy, and of the three ANASTASIA books, I'm pretty sure ANASTASIA FOREVER shows this the best.

4) This is book 3, and sure, you could pick it up and totally enjoy the series. But you have two months until it comes out. Take this opportunity and read DREAMING ANASTASIA and HAUNTED now, such that in August, when ANASTASIA FOREVER comes out, you will be first in line at the book store.

5) There are just certain books I view as guilty pleasures. I read them for pure enjoyment. I don't read to critique or compare or anything having to do with my own writing. I read them because I love the characters, the stories, and the worlds, and the ANASTASIA books are one hundred percent in this category for me.

In short, the ANASTASIA books are the perfect summer reading! They are light yet serious, funny yet suspenseful, romantic yet intense. Highly recommended for fans of paranormal fiction, sixth grade and up.




Source of book: From publisher

From Amazon:

Stories within stories. Secrets within secrets. In accepting powers from the legendary witch Baba Yaga, Anne must tackle a complex set of missions: Discover the secret of their enemy's newfound immortality; decide whether she can kill him to free her family from a vicious curse; come to terms with the magic that now resides inside her; and finally find true love with Ethan. The riveting conclusion to the trilogy that began with Dreaming Anastasia. 
 

4 comments:

Matthew MacNish said...

Sounds totally awesome.

Natalie Aguirre said...

This sounds like a great book. Thanks for sharing about it. Good to know you could pick it up even if you hadn't read the first two books in the series.

Erin said...

This sounds like such a great series. I just added the first two to my Amazon Wish List! Can't wait to read them!

PJ Hoover said...

I really just love this series, you guys! It's right up my (romantic) alley!