"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Thursday, May 17, 2012

THE EMERALD TABLET is now in Paperback!

THE EMERALD TABLET is officially in paperback! Whoo hoo!

I've spent the better part of this week and have plans to spend most of next doing school visits (17 presentations in total!), talking about THE EMERALD TABLET, and doing so has reminded me how much I absolutely love this book. It has everything in it that I wanted to read as a kid...Hidden worlds, Powers of the mind, Atlantis, Mythology, Xanadu, Chess. There are nods to Star Trek, the Rubik's Cube, Samuel Coleridge, and Pluto just to name a few.


As my first book, I'm so excited to have this awesome chance for it to reach so many more readers, especially with its beautiful new cover! For those who don't know about THE EMERALD TABLET, it's the first in my middle grade Forgotten Worlds Trilogy aimed at Harry Potter and Percy Jackson fans. You can read tons more about it on my books for kids page!

If you're interested in a signed copy, you can buy signed copies of any of my books from either The Book Spot or BookPeople in Austin, TX.  It's also available from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Indiebound.


Benjamin and his best friend Andy are different from normal. They love being able to read each other's minds and use telekinesis to play tricks on other kids. In fact, they are getting all set to spend their entire summer doing just that when Benjamin's mirror starts talking. Suddenly, Benjamin's looking at eight weeks of summer school someplace which can only be reached by a teleporter inside the ugly picture in his hallway.

And that's the most normal thing he does all summer.



Thank you for your support and for reading!

8 comments:

Matthew MacNish said...

I hope the Coleridge nod is to Kubla Khan, because that is the best poem EVAH!

PJ Hoover said...

LOL, Matthew! I am right there with you :)

Natalie Aguirre said...

Awesome PJ. Love the cover!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Natalie! It is cover love for me :)

Angela Brown said...

I have to agree with you that the cover is very beautiful, rich colors and all.

And wishing you the best as you do your presentations!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Angela! It's actually inspired by the Mines of Moria scene in Lord of the Rings :)
And thank you! I am happy to be surviving the presentations!

Maryellen Brady said...

Gorgeous cover! I'm looking forward to reading this :) I'm visiting from one of the RAOK blogs (Miriam Forster)...so cool to find you :)

PJ Hoover said...

Hey Maryellen, thank you so much for stopping by! I love Miriam's blog, and she was so sweet to pick me! And thank you for the cover love. I feel like I won the cover lottery :)