I've been a little brief here at the blog, and I'm pretty sure I can come up with five good reasons for this. No, I know, I'm not trying to make excuses. There is actually an even better reason than any of these five, but I'll leave it at these.
1) I have been back in revisions and loving it. What's nice about revisions? When you feel like you are actually getting close and you received awesome, constructive comments from your agent on how to make your story even better. It's great for motivation. So yeah, revisions.
2) I have 4 HOURS of dodgeball on the agenda for today. Yes, it's Field Day at the elementary, and I signed up for dodgeball shifts. My whistle is ready. My blog entry is almost complete :)
3) It's actually been way too long since I've read a book on craft, so I picked up
SAVE THE CAT by Blake Snyder (Michael Wiese Productions, May 25, 2005))
and after only one chapter, am hooked. Sure, I read a ton, and that is an awesome way to keep up with writing and the market, etc. But I forgot how really important it is to step back and focus on the craft of writing, especially when deeply involved in (1) above.
4) I am LOVING both these books!
THE WISE MAN'S FEAR by Patrick Rothfuss (DAW, March 1, 2011) - my audio listen
INSURGENT by Veronica Roth (Katherine Tegen Books, May 1, 2012) - my print read
5) *Ok, this has nothing to do with why I haven't blogged, but I cannot claim to be a proper nerd without in some way acknowledging Star Wars Day.
May the Fourth be with you!