"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Former Debuts! What ever happened to...

I absolutely loved being a part of the Class of 2k8. It was a fantastic group of 28 debut authors. We bonded. We chatted. We shared all the fun things that authors share (panels, book signings, stories to make you laugh, stories to make you cry). But you know what? It's been four years since the start of the class, and more and more, when I spot one of their books on my bookshelf, I find myself wondering...



...what ever happened to this person? What have they written lately? What are they up to now? Do they have a new book coming out? Have I missed a book?




I want to know, and so, when I sent out an email with just these thoughts, I found out that so many of my fellow classmates felt the exact same way! (This is what I love about kidlit authors! We are an amazing community!)


So in the spirit of catching up and support and the other awesome things that are part of the Kidlit world, I'm starting something new over here. I'll be featuring former debut authors here on the blog. Whether from the Class of 2k-something or the Debs or whatever debut group, I want to catch up and see what's going on!

 


If you are a former debut author, please contact me! I'd love to feature you and your book(s). I'm happy to coordinate with future book releases, and in no way do I want to be exclusive, so please pass this on to any former debuts you know! 



Our first feature will start next week? Who's it going to be? You'll have to check back to find out!


And just in case you missed it, my contact information is here :)




9 comments:

Caroline Starr Rose said...

PJ, what a great idea! This 2k12 co-president approves. :)

Miriam Forster said...

Hooray for more authors! As a future past-debuter, I approve this plan too. *grin*

PJ Hoover said...

Yay! And of course I'd love to feature both of you guys any time!

Kristin Rae said...

oh this is a great idea! can't wait to see what everyone is up to :)

PJ Hoover said...

Me, too! It's so much fun to catch up with people!

Thanks for visiting, all!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Awesome idea. Looking forward to seeing who you spotlight.

PJ Hoover said...

It's going to be fun, Natalie! I can't wait :)

Carole Estby Dagg said...

It'll be like an on-line reunion - thanks for pulling it together!

PJ Hoover said...

You're welcome, Carole! It really should be fun!