"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, May 18, 2012

My Official Thank you!

I'll be the first to point out that I am horrible about sending thank you notes. And when it comes to buying presents...I couldn't even figure out what to get for my son's 11th birthday. I'm not one for buying knick-knacks and trinkets, and you can only buy Rubik's Cubes for people so many times before even that gets old (I know, hard to believe, right?). But...

...I am so very thankful for so many things, and this is my official post of thanks to the top four people who made me selling two books to Tor Children's possible!*

Okay, silly, I know, but first, I'll start with myself (because I always wanted a trading card). Seriously, I am so thankful I stuck with these projects even when the writing and the editing and the submissions got hard. I'll be honest. It was frustrating beyond anything I've ever done before. But yay, success! If I can do this, anyone can do this! So here is my official AUTHOR TRADING CARD!

 


Next, there is my agent, Laura Rennert! Laura stuck with me and had so much incredible patience, I can't even begin to describe it. She puts up with my all-over-the-place writing and my kind of pathetic title suggestions and always has a kind word. Laura, here is your official AGENT TRADING CARD!




Next is Lara Perkins. Lara is an assistant agent with Laura Rennert at Andrea Brown. Without Lara's amazing suggestions, my stories never would have been what they are today! The thought of ever revising anything without her scares me. Lara, you, too, get an official AGENT TRADING CARD!



And finally, there is Susan Chang! Susan is the amazing editor at Tor Children's who saw the beauty in my stories. After meeting Susan a couple of times now, I find we have so much in common. I am thrilled to be working with her. Susan, here is your official EDITOR TRADING CARD!


* And yeah, I am totally thankful to like a million more people, too, and your post will be coming soon! I promise!


8 comments:

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Love the trading cards. And congrats, PJ! I apparently missed your big news.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Stina! And thank you again!!!

Jessica Lee Anderson said...

I can't even begin to mention how much I adore these trading cards! Yay for you, Laura, Lara, and Susan! And can I just say that you all look like models?

Matthew MacNish said...

I remember when you did these for Solstice. They're so cool.

Ruby Windershins said...

Tricia - I just love your blog and your ideas. I cannot wait to read your newest books. Congratulations!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Jessica! They all did have nice pictures to work with. Now you need a trading card!!!!! ooooh...

Thanks, Matthew! It's me putting those engineering skills to good use :)

Hey Ruby (Cara)! it's great to hear from you, and thank you! I hope you've been doing really well and that the writing is flowing. Thank you!

Lindsey Lane said...

I have a big smile on my face reading this post. Yea, you and your team!

PJ Hoover said...

Thank you, Lindsey! You are such an awesome supporter!!!!! hugs