"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Monday, May 14, 2012

Random Act of Kindness BLITZ

A smile. An encouraging word. A thoughtful gesture. Each day people interact with us, help, and make our day a bit brighter and full. This is especially true in the Writing Community

Take a second to think about writers you know, like the critique partner who works with you to improve your manuscript. The writing friend who listens, supports and keeps you strong when times are tough. The author who generously offers council, advice and inspiration when asked.

So many people take the time to make us feel special, don't they? They comment on our blogs, re-tweet our posts, chat with us on forums and wish us Happy Birthday on Facebook.


Kindness ROCKS!

To commemorate the release of their book The Emotion Thesaurus, Becca and Angela at The Bookshelf Muse are hosting a TITANIC Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ. And because I think KINDNESS is contagious, I'm participating too!

***There are so many people who make my writing world a whole lot brighter! I want to choose you all! But in the spirit of keeping it simple, I am going to go back to some of my very first online roots! And I can't pick just one, so I'm going with two.

Christine Marciniak, one of my very first online critique partners. Christine is always willing to drop anything and read chapters anytime I send them. 

Kim Baccellia, another of my online critique partners. Kim has been so completely supportive in my writing career, and has always been first in line to review my books!

It's hard to decide what to give, so in the spirit of giving something I'd like to receive, I'm sending both Christine and Kim Starbucks gift cards.***


Do you know someone special that you'd like to randomly acknowledge? Don't be shy--come join us and celebrate! Send them an email, give them a shout out, or show your appreciation in another way. Kindness makes the world go round. :)

Becca and Angela have a special RAOK gift waiting for you as well, so hop on over to The Bookshelf Muse to pick it up.

Have you ever participated in or been the recipient of a Random Act Of Kindness?  Let me know in the comments!

17 comments:

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I'm loving going around to see who everyone picked and what the gifts they selected.

I love the thesaurus. It's my new BFF. :D

Natalie Aguirre said...

Awesome PJ. And congrats for getting a RAOK yourself!

So excited for your new book deals.

PJ Hoover said...

It is so cool to see it, Stina! It makes me completely happy! And yes on the thesaurus. I have loved this thing for years :)

Thank you Natalie! And thank you again! I am really excited, too!

E. Arroyo said...

I love crit partners. They are awesome! Congrats and thanks for joining RAOK.

Christine Marciniak said...

Aw! Wow! Thanks so much! You are the awesomest!

Kim Baccellia said...

Wow, you just made my day, Tricia! So sweet.

And you're totally awesome and so talented! I'm just so happy for your recent success and know more is on it's way!

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

Starbucks gift cards are the perfect gift!!

Nicole Zoltack said...

Congrats, Christine and Kim!

Christina Lee said...

Hi there!!! Enjoying all the love!! Nice picks!

Christina Lee said...

Oh and congrats on your newest deal I saw in PM (YAY)! *throws confetti*

Angela Brown said...

Great gifts as part of the RAOK blitz!!

Becca Puglisi said...

Congrats Christine and Kim! And thanks for spreading the love, PJ! I don't think I ever told you this, but Solstice was one of the first self-published fiction books I ever read. Thanks in large part to you, I'm an Indie believer now. So thank YOU!

Becca @ The Bookshelf Muse

Cherie Colyer said...

I love my critic partners too. :)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, everyone, for visiting and helping spread such awesomeness for The Emotion Thesaurus! I am so thrilled this book in finally out!

Glynis said...

I hear you are awesome and popped by to say hello. :)

Miriam Forster said...

As a former Starbucks barista, I approve this ROAK. :)

PJ Hoover said...

Hey Glynis, thank you! That totally makes my day! I think you are awesome, too :)

Yay, Miriam! Coffee is always the perfect treat and start to any day!