"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

School visits!

It's been a crazy past two weeks, with the end of school, baseball, soccer, kung fu, swimming, and everything else kid-centered to keep me busy. And of course, there is the writing. I've been working on revisions for a new YA story, and soon I'll be getting line edits for SOLSTICE.

On top of the "normal" stuff, for the last two weeks, I've also been on a crazy-mad publisher-sponsored tour to area schools, talking about the paperback release of THE EMERALD TABLET. Danny Woodfill, from The Book Spot in Round Rock, Texas, set up all the visits with local librarians, and they've been a blast! The kids have been high energy and had some terrific questions.

Last count is that by the end of the day Friday, I will have done 19 presentations in two weeks. Yikes!

Anyway, here's a fun picture of my most recent visit to Teravista Elementary here in Round Rock.

I look like I am doing a cheer.


What you can't see from this distance is the Star Wars t-shirt I'm rocking and the picture of General Grievous on the screen. Because everything in life can be related back to either Star Wars or Star Trek (or at least that's my theory) :)

Happy Thursday!


2 comments:

Miriam Forster said...

You are awesome. And I love your t-shirt. :)

PJ Hoover said...

LOL! Thanks, Miriam! And you are awesome, too :)