"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Trip to the Woods

I know I've been kind of scarce here on the blog the last few weeks, but that's because I just got back from 3 weeks up in Virginia (DC area) and Pennsylvania (Osceola Mills, central PA). As always, the whole trip was a blast! As for Pennsylvania, we video taped random fun bits of stuff that I plan to roll into a scary video, but until then, here is my trip to Osceola Mills in pictures!


First, I had a blast Trap Shooting with a .12 gauge shotgun. Fun stuff! I hit 8, missed a couple (or more), and can't wait to do it again!



Next, while on a walk, we ran across a baby rattlesnake in the road. It was not the scariest thing we saw on the walk.



Of course, we had to roast marshmallows. And for that, we needed an awesome fire! And gobs of marshmallows. And sticks.



One cannot go to Osceola Mills around the 4th without visiting the car show. I found a couple possibilities for my next automobile...

Nice...

Nicer...

And nicer still...


And then I found the perfect car!


Nicest, right?


Visited the War Memorials downtown...




Saw the giant anthills while on an ATV ride, just like in LEININGEN VERSUS THE ANTS...



And a goat on a roof...



Explored the old barn...




And the old shack across the road...



Found this nice wall made of firewood downtown...

Which had a secret hidden behind it.


And finally, the old schoolhouse where my dad used to go...


Now I'm ready to head back! I hope you all had a great Fourth of July holiday!


2 comments:

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

You were in my state! PA! Though I'm not central. Looks like a fun trip!

PJ Hoover said...

Yes, Frankie! Yay for PA! You're in Philly, right? I need to make it back there to visit. Love that city.
Hope revisions are going great!