UNDER THE NEVER SKY by Veronica Rossi (HarperCollins, January 3, 2012)
The good news? The buzz is all deserved! The even better news? I loved this book!
Read this book because...
1) It's LOGAN'S RUN meets BRAVE NEW WORLD. I know! Two of my very favorite stories meet!
2) The writing is tight and completely engaging. This is one I didn't want to put down (and didn't) until I was done.
3) I seriously love the main character Perry. He's cool, tough, in control, and tender all wrapped into one awesome guy. How much more could any girl ask for?
4) Yes, there was awesome romance. But there was also an incredible plot that would have kept me reading even if the romance hadn't been there. This one had the feel of a real science-fiction story (my first true love in books), and for this I'm going to give it two thumbs up!
5) Did I mention BRAVE NEW WORLD and LOGAN'S RUN? Right. Enough said. If you like either of these stories, then UNDER THE NEVER SKY is for you!
In short, yes, I'd read the sequel to this one in a heartbeat! Highly recommended for kids 7th grade and up, boys and girls, fans of dystopian and science-fiction who want more!
Source of book: From publisher at ALA Midwinter
Since she’d been on the outside, she’d survived an Aether storm, she’d had a knife held to her throat, and she’d seen men murdered. This was worse. Exiled from her home, the enclosed city of Reverie, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland—known as The Death Shop—are slim. If the cannibals don’t get her, the violent, electrified energy storms will. She’s been taught that the very air she breathes can kill her. Then Aria meets an Outsider named Perry. He’s wild—a savage—and her only hope of staying alive. A hunter for his tribe in a merciless landscape, Perry views Aria as sheltered and fragile—everything he would expect from a Dweller. But he needs Aria’s help too; she alone holds the key to his redemption. Opposites in nearly every way, Aria and Perry must accept each other to survive. Their unlikely alliance forges a bond that will determine the fate of all who live under the never sky. In her enthralling debut, Veronica Rossi sends readers on an unforgettable adventure set in a world brimming with harshness and beauty.
And now for our giveaway! It's easy to win! Two things to note...
1) This giveaway is open until 12:01 am on August 4, 2012
2) Contest is US only!
To enter, fill out the Rafflecopter form below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
And don't forget I'm also giving away an ARC of
BAD TASTE IN BOYS (Delacorte, July 12, 2011)