"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Featuring: Kai Strand and SAVE THE LEMMINGS!

I'm so happy to feature Kai Strand and her brand new book today on the blog! I've been waiting for this book for MONTHS, and I'm happy to report it is finally here!

Today, Kai joins us with a top ten list about the main character in SAVE THE LEMMINGS, Natalie!





***

10 Things You Should Know About Natalie

Hi! I’m Natalie. My entire name is Natalie Isabelle Cailean Edwards. N.I.C.E. Isn’t that funny? I think my parents knew right off the bat that I was going to be a super happy and positive person.

I’ve been asked to share 10 things you should know about me.

  1. I have an inspirational phrase for every situation. For instance to inspire myself to think of ten things about me to share I told myself, “You must first open your book if you want people to read along.”
  2. I think I’m more approachable if I dress in monochromatic clothing. I’m especially drawn to pastels, though I have a bold persimmon colored outfit. I had to dye a pair of tennies to match.
  3. I’m an inventor. I like to take existing ideas and improve on them. My newest invention, the Texty-Talky, was produced by Father’s company! Can you believe that?
  4. I have three lifelong friends. They are all as smart as me. Sandra is a mathlete, Tamilla is a technology wizard and Jayne is a fashion designer.
  5. I was tricked by the class bully, Trudy, to participate in a graffiti incident. I was rather discouraged by the lack of faith the adults in my life showed during that time, but an inspirational phrase helped me to move on.
  6. I’m not a fan of photo shoots or hairspray.
  7. People like you more when you are famous.
  8. People don’t like you when they think you do drugs and steal.
  9. The media can be absolutely ruthless in pursuit of the next big headline.
  10. Poor defenseless lemmings need our support, so I joined the SAVE THE LEMMINGS! Foundation to help build tiny picket fences along the cliffs of the arctic.

There, now you might know as much about me as my three bestest friends! But there’s only one way to find out. Order your copy of SAVE THE LEMMINGS here.

About the book: 

8th grade inventor, Natalie Isabelle Cailean Edwards is the N.I.C.E. girl who finishes last with the kids in school. Sappy inspirational phrases and monochromatic outfits have all but her best friends wrinkling their nose at her. When Natalie’s invention, the Texty-Talky, goes nationwide, she becomes an overnight sensation. Suddenly her days consist of photo shoots and interviews with little time left for her friends. A local reporter shatters her good-girl image by reporting a graffiti incident and the media launches into a smear campaign. It is so bad, even her friends start to believe the stories. Will Natalie be able to overcome the lies being printed about her? And will she SAVE THE LEMMINGS?



About the author:

Kai Strand writes fiction for middle grade and young adult readers. Her debut novel, The Weaver, was a finalist in the 2012 EPIC eBook Awards. The Wishing Well: Another Weaver Tale is set in the same storytelling village as The Weaver. She is a (very lucky) wife and the mother of four amazing kids. The most common sound in her household is laughter. The second most common is, "Do your dishes!" She and her family hike, geocache, and canoe in beautiful Central Oregon, where they call home.

To find out more about Kai’s books, download companion documents, find links to her published short stories and discover all the places to find Kai both virtually and in person, visit her website: www.kaistrand.com. She loves to hear from readers, so feel free to send her an email or visit her facebook page, Kai Strand, Author.

***

Thanks for visiting today, you all!

7 comments:

Angela Brown said...

It's kinda cool to see the N.I.C.E. girl take center stage in this life's lessons styled book.

Wishing you much success Kai and thanks for having her here PJ.

Kai Strand said...

P.J. Thanks for letting Natalie and I visit your blog today.

Angela, we need more N.I.C.E. heroes and heroines, don't we? Life sure tries to beat the nice out of us, but we don't have to let it win.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks for stopping by, Angela! And thank you for being here, Kai!

Susan Hornbach said...

Thanks for letting us meet Natalie PJ. Wishing you great success Kai.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks for visiting, Susan!

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

What a great idea for a blog post! Congratulations Kai, and thank you PJ!

PJ Hoover said...

Thank you for visiting, Kimberley!