"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What I'm Reading: TEN by Gretchen McNeil

Concept alone should be enough to make you pick up this book! Add that to the fact that Gretchen McNeil is just pretty much awesome, and this book should move to the top of your TBR stack!

And please head over to THE ENCHANTED INKPOT where I am interviewing Gretchen today!

TEN by Gretchen McNeil (Balzer & Bray, September 18, 2012)



FIVE THINGS ABOUT TEN:

1) There is nothing better than when a book keeps you up late, late, late into the night reading. Such is the case with TEN. Seriously, as I got closer to the end, I honestly could not stop reading. I had to know what was going to happen. I had to know who the killer was!

2) No, I didn't guess the killer ahead of time. At all. And do you realize how cool that is? Sure, looking back, the clues were dribbled in beautifully, but I completely fell for the red herring. Really well done, Gretchen!

3) Concept is boss! Ten Teens. Three Days. One Killer. Yes, I know, this book will sell on concept alone. But then the book completely delivers a bundle of awesomeness.

4) I love the fact that Gretchen was not afraid to take risks with her characters. These people have some serious hardships and flaws, and they play into the story beautifully.

5) In short, TEN is Agatha Cristie's AND THEN THERE WERE NONE meets 13 REASONS WHY. It's perfect for boys and girls and a great fit for almost any genre of interest. It's mystery. It's realistic. It's drama. It's romance. TEN has something for everyone. Highly recommended!



Source of Book: From author by request

****

About TEN:

And their doom comes swiftly.

It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives – three days on Henry Island at an exclusive house party. Best friends Meg and Minnie each have their own reasons for wanting to be there, both of which involve Kamiak High’s most eligible bachelor, T.J. Fletcher. But what starts out as a fun-filled weekend turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine.

Suddenly, people are dying and the teens are cut off from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn’t scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine?
 


7 comments:

Matthew MacNish said...

Sounds perfect!

PJ Hoover said...

Ah, Matt, I think you would really like this one!

caffeinejunkie said...

This sounds exciting.

Kayla S said...

Ooh This sounds exciting! I've added into my TBR list!

PJ Hoover said...

Very exciting, you guys! I love when a book makes me want to keep reading late, late, late!

Angela Brown said...

I'll have to think about this one. I'm a big ol' scaredy cat. Things too close to horror keep up at night watching the shadows for something that isn't there lol!!!

PJ Hoover said...

It is definitely on the scary end of the scale, Angela :)