Here are my five:
1) Why do I love Texas? Because it's like 70 degrees out right now. I'm wearing a tank top. I think I got a suntan while driving today. I know, you all want to move here, right?
2) I had a blast this week visiting Taylor Middle School! They gave me an incredible welcome and were awesome listeners. You know one thing that makes an author visit a success? Awesome librarians and awesome teachers talking about the books and the author to the kids ahead of time and getting them excited about it! Thank you, Taylor!
Love the transformation of the white board!
Me with librarian Renee DeHoyos!
3) As it turns out, I am our Girl Scout Troop's cookie coordinator this year. Sounds scary, I know. And it's my first time selling girl scout cookies in some horrible amount of years. After a week and a half in, here's what I've discovered:
- Girl Scout cookies sell themselves. No hand-selling required.
- Thin mints are delicious! How could I have gone so many years without eating them?
- It's not a difficult job as long as I stay organized and on top of things.
- You know girl scout cookies are called different things in different parts of the country? Your Do-Si-Dos are our Peanut Butter Sandwiches. Your Samoas? Our Caramel Delights!
- Nobody wants the new, "healthy" cookie. Bring on the thin mints.
4) This week, I also had the great opportunity to interview A. G. Howard, author of SPLINTERED over on The Enchanted Inkpot! If you get a minute, pop over and check out all the awesome things she had to say. And buy her book because it is so very good!
5) Have I given a Wizard101 update in a while? What, I haven't? Okay, here it is. I am now level 55! Seriously, so cool, right? And look how very awesome I look, too.
That's it for me! Happy weekend!