So have you guys stopped to think about all the awesome things coming up this year? Wait, you haven't? Why not take the time and make a list of ten things right now.
As for what's coming up in my world, it seems like there is a ton to look forward to.
1) Yes, I actually do have a book coming out this year, just in case you missed it :) That I am looking forward to.
2) I'll be heading to a fantastic writing retreat at the Lodge of Death soon (you have to see it to understand) and can't wait! Nothing like hanging out for 3 solid days with my favorite writing buddies to help inspire and to be productive.
3) Well, seeing as how I saw the first part of THE HOBBIT movie three times, I am definitely looking forward to part two, coming in just 11 short months.
4) And on the topic of movies, I am also looking forward to STAR TREK: INTO DARKNESS. Have you seen that trailer? Seriously made of awesome. It may be another midnight premier for me.
5) Conferences, travel, it's all good! This year, so far, I'm looking forward to our local Austin SCBWI conference next month, TLA in Fort Worth in April, ALA in Chicago in June/July, along with school and library visits and other fun authorish things.
6) We have a new writing place! So I've mentioned "THE PLACE" in the past as where I go to write, but now we've found a new one. And it rocks. I always look forward to going there to write. Though I do miss the old place a bit, this one fixes a few major problems we had.
7) New story ideas! Yes, I have a great one and can't wait to get a chance to actually think more about it. But it's good to give it time to stew, right? Right. Plus those revisions have to get done.
8) Blogging! Yes, I took the holidays off, but I'll be doing all sorts of blogging this year, in a variety of places, one of which is the brand new SCENE 13 blog! Check it out. I'll be posting on the 13th of each month. It's the luckiest day.
9) Austin Comic Con 2013! Is it bad I'm already looking forward to this? And trying to figure out my costumes? Actually Fall is filled with fun activities here in Austin. Comic Con. Texas Book Festival. Austin Teen Book Festival. It's a great place to live (in case you are looking to relocate).
10) Good books, good friends, and so much more! Speaking of which, I really must do my post about my favorite reads of the year!
Happy New Year, and thanks for reading!