It's been a few weeks since my last five on a Friday, but here are my five:
1) I had a blast earlier this week presenting at St. Stephen's Episcopal School as part of their Literary Fest. I caught up with Austin author Sara Bird (who I haven't seen in ages), met Texas Tribune CEO and Editor-in-Chief Evan Smith who helped orchestrated the whole thing, had a wonderful lunch with Austin author Mari Mancusi, met Nita Shuffler who is the librarian extraordinaire at St. Stephen's, and even met former Go Go Kathy Valentine who was just a doll. The event was really well run, and the faculty and parents were so appreciative. So let's hear a big "Woot" for people who love books and reading!
2) There's nothing quite like wearing a tiara! So I couldn't resist donning one during the reception after my daughter's First Communion last weekend.
(yes, I realize I look like I'm getting married)
3) Over on the Texas Sweethearts & Scoundrels this week, we're featuring Danny and Julie Woodfill, co-owners of The Book Spot in Round Rock, Texas, and the creative minds behind the upcoming YAB Fest on May 11th at Round Rock High School! If you have a moment, stop over and show some love for an awesome, local indie bookstore!
4) I am so so so behind on reviewing books! It's not that I haven't been reading. In fact, I've read some amazing stuff recently. So that said, I am going to be doing some whirlwind reviews to catch up.
5) As for what I'm working on these days, revisions are keeping me happy and busy. Day and night, it's the Egyptian mythology book, TUT (Starscape/Tor, 2014).
Why happy? Because there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Why busy? Because that light is kinda far away.
So that's it for me this week! How about you guys? What is going on? And I leave you with my favorite video of the week. Enjoy!